Servings: 4 people
- Soup Pot
- 4 lb Mussels
- 4 TBSP Olive Oil
- 3 TBSP Garlic minced
- 16 oz diced canned tomatoes Italian
- 1 c white wine can sub with broth
- 1 TBSP Parsley dried optional
- 1 TBSP Oregano dried optional
- Rinse and clean your mussels. Click this link towatch a demonstration from Martha Steward on mussel cleaning. Discard anymussels with broken shells or that remain open after being "tapped".
- Heat olive oil in a metal pot big enough to holdyour mussels. Add garlic and saute for 2-3 minutes--- just enough to soften thegarlic.
- Add tomatoes with juice, wine, parsley and oregano to panand bring to a boil, then turn down to a simmer. If you are in a hurry simmerthe broth base for 5 minutes, if you have longer simmer up to 30 minutes.
- Add the mussels to the broth, cover and simmer until all themussels have opened (5-8 minutes). Discard any mussels that have not opened.
- Serve soup style.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!