Servings: 4 People
- 2 lb whitefish skinned and cut into large chunks can use Cod, Haddock, Pollock or Whitefish
- Unsalted butter for cooking
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil (EVOO) for cooking
- 1 Egg beaten
- 3/4 C Almonds ground
- 1 C Italian Style Panko Bread Crumbs
- 1/4 C Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 C dry white wine
- 2 Tbsp Heavy Whipping Cream
- In a small sauce pan combine the wine and heavy whipping cream. Simmer on low heat, stirring frequently until sauce coats the back of a spoon. Keep warm while fish cooks.
- Pour beaten egg into a bowl. Combine ground almonds, Italian style panko bread crumbs, and parmesan cheese into a shallow dredging dish. Salt and pepper fish to taste. Dredge fish in egg then in breadcrumb mixture.
- Cooking Methods: Total cooking time should be 6-10 minutes per inch of thickest part of fish.
- Pan Only: Thin pieces of fish work best for this method. Heat over medium heat enough olive oil and butter in a frying pan to brown breaded fish. Place fish in pan, fry for 3-4 minutes each side or until breading is golden. Watch your heat! Butter, ground almonds and parm cheese all need to be cooked at low temperatures to avoid burning.
- Pan & Oven: Use this method for fish 1 inch or thicker. Heat over medium heat enough olive oil and butter to pan fry your fish. Place fish in pan, pan fry for 3 minutes each side, place on baking sheet and finish baking in oven.
- Oven Only: Lay breaded fish on baking sheet. Bake at 375 degrees for 10-12 minutes.
- Fish sticks can be served plain or with with a white wine sauce.
- Serve sauce over fish or as a side dipping sauce.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!