Shrimp, Scallop and Summer's End Stir Fry
Bring together the last of the Summer veggies with Fall's root vegetables!
- 3 Cups Zucchini Spiraled
- 1 1/2 Cups Carrots Sliced
- 2 Tbsp Onion Fine Chopped Add more or less to taste
- 1 Tbsp Garlic minced Add more or less to taste
- 3 Tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil (EVOO) Can substitute with cooking spray
- 1 Can Tomatoes crushed plain Drain off extra liquid
- 1 lb Shrimp Peeled and Deveined
- 1/2 lb Scallops Optional
- Add 1 Tbsp EVOO to pan and heat over medium-high heat.
- Add garlic and onion to pan and saute for 2-3 minutes.
- Add carrots, zucchini and drained tomatoes to pan. Stir well. Cover and cook for 5 minutes until veggies are soften.
- Add peeled and deveind shrimp. Cover and cook for 8-9 more minutes.
- When shrimp are pink and delishious to taste, empty pan into a warmed bowl and set aside.
- Add 2 Tbsp EVOO to pan (do not clean pan leave delishious crusties from stir fry in pan).
- Add scallops and sear 3 minutes on each side.
- Serve scallops with shrimp and stir fry.