- 1 1/2 lb Fish Fillets Whitefish, walleye, salmon or trout
- 1 Tbsp olive oil (optional)
- 1 tsp Cumin
- 1/2 tsp Paprika
- 1 tsp Coriander
- 1/8 tsp Salt
- 1/4 tsp Garlic Powder
- 8 Corn Tortillas
Cabbage Lime Cilantro Slaw
- 2 cups Cabbage Shredded
- 1 cup Carrots Shredded
- 1/4 cup Cilantro
- 3 Tbsp Mayonnaise
- 3 Tbsp Sour Cream
- 1 1/2 tsp Lime Juice
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1 clove garlic Minced
For the Tacos
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Lay fish fillets on a foil covered baking sheet, skin side down.
- Mix together the cumin, paprika, coriander, salt and garlic powder into a small bowl.
- Mix the dry ingredients with the olive oil. You can skip the oil and instead just season the fillet.
- Spread the oil mixture evenly over the fish fillets.
- Place fish in oven and bake until easily flakes (15 minutes for whitefish, 20 for salmon). Baking time will vary based on thickness of fish, so I always recommend checking at 12 minutes and every 3-4 minutes after that.
For the Slaw
- Mix cilantro, mayonnaise, sour cream, lime juice, salt and garlic clove into bowl.
- Fold in shredded cabbage and carrot.
- Warm tortillas in oven.
- Assemble fish tacos by layering first the cabbage slaw, then the baked salmon
The Lime-Cilantro Slaw is a dish that can be made ahead and allowed to rest. The flavors do get better with time.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!