- Servings: 1 Person
- 1 lb fresh mussels
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 sun dried tomato sliced
- 1 Tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 Teaspoon pesto
- 1 Teaspoon chopped capers
- 14 oz plain diced tomatoes drained
- 1 cup broth vegetable or seafood
- 3 Tablespoons Fresh Oregano
- To Taste Cracked Black Pepper & Kosher Salt
1 Rinse and debeard the mussels. Discard any mussels with broken shells or that remain open after being "tapped".
2 Heat olive oil in a metal frying pan. Add sundried tomato and garlic. Sauté for 2-3 minutes--- just enough to soften the garlic.
5 Add the mussels to the broth, cover and simmer until all the mussels have opened (3-4 minutes). Discard any mussels that have not opened.
This recipe is a great starting point to add your own flavors. Shrimp or fish would be an excellent addition.