- 1 lb Dry Read Beans
- 1/4 tsp Oil Oil
- 1/2 Onion (chopped)
- 2 Tbsp garlic (minced)
- 4 stalks Celery (chopped)
- 6 cups Water
- 2 Bay Leaves
- 1/2 tsp Cayenne Pepper
- 1 tsp Thyme
- 1/4 tsp Parsley
- 1 tsp Cajun Seasoning
- 1/2 - 1 lb Smoked Fish Sausage
- 2 cups Rice
- 4 cups Water
- Soak red beans overnight and rinse three times.
- In a stainless steel or cast iron skillet heat olive oil. Add onion, garlic and celery and sauté until soft.
- Mix 6 cups of water and beans into a large soup pot. Add sautéed vegetables and all seasonings. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to medium-low and simmer for 2 to 2 ½ hours or until beans are tender. If you’d rather use a slow cooker forgo the soup pot and boiling water and add everything into the slow cooker and let simmer all day on low.
- Add Smoked Fish Sausage and simmer for an additional 30 minutes.
- Prepare rice according to package directions
- Serve sausage and beans over white rice.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!