The Wife’s Way
- 6 ounces Great Lakes Whitefish fillet
- 1 Whole Tomato (sliced)
- 1 TBSP Mayonnaise (measured, no cheating!)
- 1 Strip bacon (cooked & chopped)
- Salt & Peper (to taste)
The Monger’s Way
- 1 Fillet Great Lakes Whitefish (or two if you've been on the boat all day)
- Mayonnaise (as much as you want)
- 1 Whole Tomato (cut into 1/8" slices)
- 4 Slices Pilgrims Homesteader bread from Laughing Tree Bakery (optional)
- Lemon pepper (to taste)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees or the preheat the grill.
- Lay whitefish fillet skin side down on a sheet of aluminum foil.
- Mix salt and pepper in mayonnaise, spread thinly over entire whitefish fillet. Add half of the tomato slices over whitefish and mayonnaise.
- Bake for 13-15 minutes. The fish will be very moist, so when in doubt take a little nibble to see if done to your liking.
- Construct your salad. I like to layer lettuce, more tomatoes, whitefish and bacon onto the plate.
The Monger's Way
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Lay fish out on aluminum foil lined baking sheet. Season with lemon pepper.
- Bake for 13-15 minutes. You're hungry. Trust the oven did it's job and pull the fish out.
- Toast your bagel or bread.
- Mayonnaise your bagel. Add tomato, lettuce, bacon and whitefish. Eat.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!