Pressure Cooker Mussels
- 1 lb fresh mussels
- 1 TBSP olive oil
- 1 TBSP minced garlic
- 1 TSP pesto
- 1 TSP chopped capers
- 14 oz plain diced tomatoes with juice
- 1 C. broth or white wine vegetable or seafood
- 3 TBSP fresh herbs (oregano, basil, thyme)
- Cracked Pepper & Kosher salt to taste
- Rinse and debeard the mussels. Discard any mussels with broken shells or that remain open after being "tapped".
- Heat olive oil in a pressure cooker. Add garlic. Sauté for 2-3 minutes--- just enough to soften the garlic.
- Add pesto and capers. Sauté for another 1-2 minutes.
- Add tomatoes, broth, fresh herbs, salt and pepper.
- Add the mussels, cover and lock pressure cooker lid. Use Seafood setting on electric cooker or cook at full pressure for 2 minutes. Release pressure and open according to the manufacturer's directions for the pressure cooker you are using.
- Discard any mussels that have not opened.
- Serve soup style.
This recipe is a great starting point to add your own flavors. Shrimp or fish would be an excellent addition.