"Whitefish on the grill. Edible flower salad. Dinner on the back porch. Rejoice in Summer Fish Folk! -Amber Mae"
Servings: 2 People
- 1 lb Whitefish or Salmon Fillet
- 1 Tomato sliced
- 1/4 lb Fresh Mozzarella cheese sliced
- 4 C. Swiss Chard
- 2 C. basil leaves
- 3/4 C. garlic scapes found in early summer, sub with garlic if you cannot find
- 2 Tbsp Garlic minced substitute for garlic scapes
- 1/3 C. Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2/3 C. Water
- 1 Lemon juiced
- Kosher Salt to taste
- Cracked Black Pepper to taste
- In food processor combine chard, basil, garlic scapes, a pinch of kosher salt and water. Mix on medium speed while slowly adding olive oil. After all the oil is added mix on high until greens are a pesto consistency. You will have extra pesto that can be stored up to seven days in the refrigerator.
- Lay fish fillets skin side down on a sheet of aluminum foil. Lightly salt and pepper fillets to taste.
- Spread pesto mixture over fish, coating the fillets evenly.
- Layer tomatoes and mozzarella cheese slices over fish fillets. Leave fish open for cooking.
- Oven bake at 375 for 12 minutes. Check every 2 minutes after until flakey. Or grill on med-high heat for 10 minutes. Check every 2 minutes after until flakey.
Recipe by Amber Mae Petersen
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!