Grilled Whitefish & Asparagus
This was my very first recipe that I wrote--- it's brief and to the point! It also appeared in The Muskegon Chronicle http://www.mlive.com/business/west-michigan/index.ssf/2011/06/the_fishmongers_wife_hooks_cus.html
- Whitefish fillets enough to feed your crew
- Lemon pepper seasoning
- Fresh lemon or lemon juice concentrate
- Asparagus enough to feed your crew
- olive oil
- Kosher Salt
- Preheat grill on hot for 5 minutes then turn down to medium low.
- Place your fillets skin side down on a sheet of aluminum foil and season with lemon pepper to your liking. We use about 1 Tablespoon per fillet. (Tip: fold the outer edge of the foil up to create an edge around the fillets). Add a splash of lemon juice for a little extra zip.
- Fold another square of aluminum big enough for your asparagus and add asparagus.
- Sprinkle salt, pepper and 1-2 Tablespoons of olive oil over asparagus. Toss asparagus until well coated.
- Place fish and asparagus on grill and grill with lid close.
- After 10 minutes check your fish—it will be done when the meat flakes apart with a fork. Check fish every two minutes until it easily flakes apart.
- Grill asparagus until blackened to your liking (Tip: if you like your asparagus well done you may want to start it a few minutes before the fish).