Servings: 2 People
- SERVINGS: 2 MAIN-COURSE
- 1 pound Halibut Lake Whitefish or Cod
- 2 Teaspoon olive oil
- 1/2 Teaspoon Sea Salt
- 1/4 Teaspoon Chile powder
- 1/4 Teaspoon Cumin powder
- 2 Teaspoon Lime Juice
- 2 Teaspoon Unsalted butter
- 1/4 Cup Red Onion thinly slice, soaked for 10 minutescold water to
- reduce acidity of the onion drain before using
- 1 Small Jicama peeled, cut into matchsticks
- 1/4 Fresh pineapple peeled, cored & cut into matchsticks
- 2 Clementine peeled, cut into chunks (optional)
- 1 Granny Smith Apple cut into matchsticks (optional)
- 1 Tsp Lime zest
- 2 Tbsp. fresh lime juice
- 2 Tbsp Cilantro fresh chopped
- Prepare the Fish: Season fish with salt, Chile powder, cumin and lime juice. Allow to marinade for 10 minutes.
- Heat olive oil in nonstick pan on medium high heat. Add fish skin side down and sear until golden brown 3-4 minutes.
- Carefully flip fish and cook 2 minutes. Add 2 tsp lime juice and butter to skillet. After butter melts, spoon mixture over the fish fillet. Cook until fish is opaque. Serve with slaw.
- Prepare the slaw: Combine jicama, pineapple, lime zest, 2 Tbsp lime juice, cilantro, onion, salt and a pinch of Chile powder. Toss to combine. This can be prepared 24 hours in advance.
- Serve fish with slaw.
Original post by Clean Eating Magazine. The Fish Monger's Wife, LLC is not affiliated with Clean Eating Magazine and does not receive any incentive for sharing this recipe. Slight modification to the original recipe have been made and are reflected in the above recipe.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!