Mediterranean Shrimp & Whitefish
- Olive Oil for sauté
- 2 Tbsp Garlic minced
- 2 Tsp. Italian Spice herb mix
- 28 ounces crushed tomatoes
- 1 Tbsp Tomato paste
- 1 Tbsp capers chopped
- 14 ounces artichokes quartered & drained
- 1 Tablespoon Fresh Oregano chopped
- 1 lb Whitefish Fillets skinned & cut into 4 oz pieces
- 1 lb Shrimp peeled & deveined
- Pasta noodles optional
- Zoodles optional
- Bread for dipping optional
- Heat a stainless steel or cast iron pan over medium-high heat. Add olive oil, garlic and Italian herbs. Sauté until garlic is golden.
- Add tomato paste and stir for 30 seconds. Add crushed tomatoes, capers and artichokes. Simmer for 5 minutes. Lower heat to medium-low.
- Lay whitefish pieces on top of the tomato sauce and add fresh oregano. Cover and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add shrimp to dish. Cover and cook for another 5 minutes or until shrimp are pink and slightly curled.
- Serve over pasta, zoodles or as a thick soup with dunking bread.
Recipe by The Wife Amber Mae